Progressive Energy works with state and local officials to develop renewable and energy efficiency projects that reduce energy costs, create jobs and enhance quality of life. We bring together the legal, financial and technical services needed to develop projects across a wide range of technologies and financing options. In particular, we help communities aggregate their resources and potential projects, achieving the scale necessary to attract public and private capital.
Progressive Energy works with officials to assess projects on a case-by-case basis according to numerous factors, such as:
- Local power prices, geography, climate and natural resources;
- The urban versus rural nature of a community;
- Local preferences for or opposition to certain technologies;
- Availability of federal, state and local subsidies, as well as utility rebates and other incentives;
- The regulatory certainty of these programs;
- Modeling project cash flows and expenses;
- Whether a project is a candidate for tax-exempt or taxable bond financing;
- Due diligence on project developers and technology suppliers;
- Tax and legal implications; and
Most officials are not experts in alternative energy technology, policy or finance. Nor must they be to reduce energy costs, create jobs, promote economic development, enhance the nation’s energy security, and improve the environmental and public health of local communities. Progressive Energy and its strategic partners have the expertise to advise officials throughout the renewable or energy efficiency project development and financing process, whether funded by public or private capital.